- Make feelings puppets
- Fingerpaint to happy / sad music.
- Make a Jack-in-the Box by making a sock puppet and cutting the hole in the bottom of a small box so the child can 'surprise' people. Decorate the box as an additional activity.
- Feelings Masks: Have children decorate a paper plate to depict an emotion.
- Feelings Collage: Cut out pictures from magazines and catalogues showing various feelings.
- Happy Face Stamping: Put out stamp pads and happy face stamps for children to use on paper.
- If You're Happy and You Know It
- The More We Get Together
- I Was So Mad
- Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day
- Franklin and the Thunderstorm
- The Dark at the Top of the Stairs
- Franklin in the Dark
- Franklin's Bad Day
- Happy, Sad, Mad & Glad (Disney)
- Happy & Sad
- How Am I Feeling? Have pictures of people depicting different emotions. Have the children guess how the person is feeling and why by using clues in the pictures.
Jack in the box
Sits so still
Won't you come out
YES I WILL!
The More We Get Together
The more we get together, together, together
The more we get together, the happier we'll be.
For your friends are my friends
And my friends are your friends.
Oh, the more we get together, the happier we'll be.
Emotions Sorting Game
Feelings Emergent Reader
Feelings Memory Game
Emotions Writing Prompts