- Paper maché dinosaurs
- Fossils: Place objects in partially set Plaster of Paris to create fossils
- Dinosaur Puppets
- Dioramas: Paint the inside of a shoebox green. Let dry. Add construction paper trees and background props. Make dinosaurs from clay and add to the diorama.
- Paper Maché Dinosaur Eggs: Cover a balloon with paper maché. When dry, paint the egg. For a real dinosaur surprise, place a toy dino in the balloon before covering. Carefully pop and remove the balloon when the paper maché is dry and then cover the small hole. Let dry again and then have the children paint. They can open (hatch) their eggs to discover the baby dinosaur surprise.
- Dinosaur Mobile: Use cookie cutters to cut shapes and hang from a decorated coat hanger.
- Use cooked spagetti to fill in skeleton on a dinosaur shape.
- Stuffed T-Rex (pictured): Print 't-rex for stuffed dinosaur' images under printables; print as is and also a mirror image. Children can colour or paint the images. If painting, allow to dry before continuing. Glue images onto brown kraft paper (the type that comes in a roll and you use for wrapping parcels). Put the image together on the brown paper. Cut out the 2 t-rex pictures. Staple 1/2 the dinosaur and have children ball up strips of newspaper to use as stuffing. Finish stapling around the dinosaur.
- Fossils: Set out a display of rock fossils and let the children view with magnifying glasses. They can hypothesize as to what created the fossil.
- Bones: Dinosaur bone kits can be purchased to build the skeleton of a dinosaur.
- Make a volcano use vinegar and baking soda to make it work.
- Catagorize types of dinosaurs (meat eaters, plant eaters, flyers).
- Add plastic dinosaurs.
- Add dinosaur costumes.
- Make caves.
- Dinosaurs Lived Long Ago
- Songs from Land Before Time Movie series
- Dinosaur Chomp
- Tyrannasaurus was A Beast
- The Lost Dinosaur
- DinoFours series of books and tapes
- The Land Before Time Books
- Who has the dinosaur egg (like doggie doggie who has your bone).
Water & Sand Play
- Add dinosaurs to both tables.
- Add plastic eggs to the sand table for hiding.
- Add plastic dinosaur skeletons and sifters to the sand table to hunt for dino bones.
- Move like dinosaurs.
- Hunt for fossils.
- Be paleontologists and discover a hidden dinosaur egg on the playground (a hidden watermelon that you can then have for snack).
Field Trips/Special Days
- Visit the museum.
- Watch one of the Land Before Time movies.
- Go to the library and research books on dinosaurs.
Dinosaurs lived Long Ago
Dinosaurs lived long ago
When the world was new
They were very big and strong
Very scary too.
Some of them had plants to eat
From the ocean floor
Some of them would rather eat
Dinosaur Memory Game
Dinosaur Colours Pattern Strips